Ok. So I was a member of planet fitness from September 2013 until June 2014. I will discuss my pros and cons for the gym.
1. Reasonable price -$10 per month
2. Close by my home
3. If you love cardio, this is the place for you.
1. If you are trying to make gym a lifetime commitment I do not feel like this is the gym for you. Why? Well they serve unlimited PIZZA on mondays and have a bowl of candy. I do not understand that concept but I think that is tempting people to eat bad. I do not want to put myself at a place who will tempt me to get pizza after I jusy did all this hard work burning calories.
2. I did not like the fact that there were not rooms (like past gyms ive had memberships at) with loose exercise equipment such as medicine balls, buso balls, jump ropes, enough free weight for more that one person (5lb weight for example), exercise balls, ect. There is nothing like that at Planet Fitness (or at my location anyway) for people who wants to tone without using heavy weight machines. At the location I was at they ask for people to not bring their own equipment so if thats what you wanted 2 do, you had to do it outside of the gym.
3. Dont get me wrong, I love lifting weight. I feel like everyone should add that to the gym time. But the con for me are the large amounts of the cardio machines. I mean Gee wizz! The cardio machines take up 75% of the space. This made it where they have the weight lifting equipment so cramped up until it can get uncomfortable sometimes working out.
I know I can probably come up with more pros/cons but these are the reasons why I cancelled my membership and these statments are my opinions based off of my experience. I love having many options in my gym workout and not doing the same thing everytime I go. Planet Fitness is not a bad gym at all, it just was not the gym for me. Im sure there are better locations than the one I had membership but I honestly want to keep my gym memberships close 2 my some or in route from work. I look at it like you get what you pay for.
Its been a while since I posted about my lifestyle of losing weight and working out. I started the hip hop abs workout by Shawn T a little over 3 weeks ago but had to stop during week 3 due to a car accident I was in. The hip hop abs 60 day workout was going very well with me. I was dropping pounds and losing inches. I want to get T25 also. 🙂 On my last weigh in this last Tuesday, I was down to 184.2. I had set a goal for June to be under 180 and I am having great progress in spite of not working out. As for gym time Im still not recovered enough to do my gym time but I did end of canceling my planet fitness account. No pictures for this week but I will post most recent photos from my weigh in last week.
I am huge fan of Maya Angelou and this is one of my favorite poems by here. I thought the cartoon sketch was really cute.
Since my last post Ive lost a few more pounds. Im very happy and feeling more energized. I completed day 9 yesterday for the 60 day hip hop abs regimen and I love it. Shawn T knows how to get you in shape. I am having a lot of fun and cant wait to see my results in a little less than 2 months. Im also gonna change you my meals anding my nutriblast back along with other meal replacement drinks. My overall weight loss goal is to get down to about 145 and to be toned. My monthly goal is to loss at least 10 lbs. My weekly goal is to loss 2-5 lbs know I can do this. I have not been to the gym in a couple of weeks, which I miss alot. The days where my hip hop abs workouts are only 30 mins are the days I will hit the gym up. Im loving this lifestyle change and I would not change it. I eventually want to start T25 or Insanity workouts once I get into the 160s. Right now Im and still trying to condition my body from having my son 9 months ago. But imma keep pushing and get this weight down.
add me on myfitnesspal:shemeka103