So I was watching family vlogs youtube today and one of the people that I follow did a tag called the “Mommy Scenario Tag.” I thought it would be a fun tag to do since I have a 12 month old and a 4 ½ year old. Life can be very interesting with children this young. The tag has 8 questions SO LETS GO!!!!
1. Your kid is refusing to eat dinner, do you stand your ground and demand they eat what you made or make something else? I usually try to stand my ground. But, if I see that ii has been a long time, then I would give in and fix something else because I do not want them to go to bed starving. Or course this is not with my 12 month old because he eats just about anything, my 4 ½ year old is a very picky eater.
2. Your kid has a melt-down at the store; nothing is working to calm them. Do you leave & come back another time or grit your teeth and finish shopping? I never leave because this is just the life of a mother. I usually just get on with my shopping without wasting any time. Most of the time, I have this issue when I have been to multiple stores and the children are getting restless. For the most part, they usually hang in there. WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM TOY DEPARTMENT. It always nd with me spending money I didnt count to use and breakdowns. I try to stay away from those sections as much as I can.
3. Your kid gets too many toys for their birthday. Do you make some returns or save them for a rainy day? I never return, I feel bad returning gifts unless it is something I know they would not use. I will just keep it and let them play with each toy one at a time.
4. Your kid is protesting sleep. Do you give in at 3am, get them up & turn on a movie or continue to rock them, nurse, etc. to try to get them back to sleep? I know this is bad, but I am such a busy person. So when it comes to time to go to bed, I usually give in and turn on a quick movie. They fall asleep every time. I KNOW PEOPLE. DON’T JUDGE ME. LOL.
5. You have an appointment and no babysitter. Do you bring them with you or reschedule? Reschedule if I can. Having a 4yr old and a 12 month old at a doctor’s appointment for myself, while trying to concentrate on what the doctor is telling me. A NO GO! Plus I would feel like the doctor would spend less time with me, just so I can leave if they may get restless.
6. You have 20 minutes until unexpected company arrives. Do you rush to clean up your messy house, or just figure- “hey, it’s okay. I’ve got kids!” I would try to clean up the best I can. But sometimes you have no choice. I mainly focus on making sure my kids and I are presentable. Everybody knows that sometime, keeping a house clean with kids can be a handful.
7. You’re running late & only have time to do your hair or makeup. Which do you choose? Since I have dreadlocs, I can just throw a scarf on if they are not re-twisted and into pony tail. So I would choose makeup for this question.
8. You’re at the park and another child pushes yours. Do you intervene and correct them or go find the child’s parent? I try to avoid confrontation as much as possible. If someone pushed my children and it actually hurt them, then I would politely confront the parent and let them know what their child did. If it was nothing but a simple push I would take my children away from the situation and make sure they stay away or just leave. People are so touchy nowadays about things like that and will get defensive very quickly. That’s how parents end up arguing/fighting over what their kids did.
Well I answered all the questions based on how I would handle each scenario. Its not perfect, but It is how I will handle it. Everyone has different aspects of parenting. I hope you enjoyed reading my blog and look for more tags and other topics to come. I will be posting daily. I TAG EVERY MOTHER TO DO THIS. LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!
UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!