Ok. So I know it been almost a couple months since I have posted on my blog. There has been a whole lot going on lately. I have been thinking these last few days about possibly making my own clothes. I want to teach myself to be able to read patterns, take the fabric and create something real nice. Ive always wanted to do that and I think I will working on that this year. I think this will be an good opportunity for my daughter to possibly learn with me.
Originally posted on Pretty Girl's Review:
Sometimes it’s nice just to think about the person. Make up your own dream sequence in your head. Sometimes acting it out in real life can ruin everything. Sometimes people don’t live up to the person you’ve made them out to be in your head.
Some people belong in your dreams and not in your life.
Originally posted on Black America Web:
Some athletes are turning to an alternative liquid other than energy drinks.
They’re relying on human breast milk for boosting energy and overall health.
View original 172 more words
Ok. So I was a member of planet fitness from September 2013 until June 2014. I will discuss my pros and cons for the gym.
1. Reasonable price -$10 per month
2. Close by my home
3. If you love cardio, this is the place for you.
1. If you are trying to make gym a lifetime commitment I do not feel like this is the gym for you. Why? Well they serve unlimited PIZZA on mondays and have a bowl of candy. I do not understand that concept but I think that is tempting people to eat bad. I do not want to put myself at a place who will tempt me to get pizza after I jusy did all this hard work burning calories.
2. I did not like the fact that there were not rooms (like past gyms ive had memberships at) with loose exercise equipment such as medicine balls, buso balls, jump ropes, enough free weight for more that one person (5lb weight for example), exercise balls, ect. There is nothing like that at Planet Fitness (or at my location anyway) for people who wants to tone without using heavy weight machines. At the location I was at they ask for people to not bring their own equipment so if thats what you wanted 2 do, you had to do it outside of the gym.
3. Dont get me wrong, I love lifting weight. I feel like everyone should add that to the gym time. But the con for me are the large amounts of the cardio machines. I mean Gee wizz! The cardio machines take up 75% of the space. This made it where they have the weight lifting equipment so cramped up until it can get uncomfortable sometimes working out.
I know I can probably come up with more pros/cons but these are the reasons why I cancelled my membership and these statments are my opinions based off of my experience. I love having many options in my gym workout and not doing the same thing everytime I go. Planet Fitness is not a bad gym at all, it just was not the gym for me. Im sure there are better locations than the one I had membership but I honestly want to keep my gym memberships close 2 my some or in route from work. I look at it like you get what you pay for.
Its been a while since I posted about my lifestyle of losing weight and working out. I started the hip hop abs workout by Shawn T a little over 3 weeks ago but had to stop during week 3 due to a car accident I was in. The hip hop abs 60 day workout was going very well with me. I was dropping pounds and losing inches. I want to get T25 also. :-) On my last weigh in this last Tuesday, I was down to 184.2. I had set a goal for June to be under 180 and I am having great progress in spite of not working out. As for gym time Im still not recovered enough to do my gym time but I did end of canceling my planet fitness account. No pictures for this week but I will post most recent photos from my weigh in last week.
I would love 2 see this movie.
Originally posted on Praise 103.9:
A movie based on the life of the late Whitney Houston is in the works it was announced earlier this week. Set for a 2015 the made-for-TV film will be directed by actress Angela Bassett. Angela costarred with Houston in the 1995 drama Waiting to Exhale.